Error while syncing with Birdiesync 1.1.00 beta

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Kinderspel

Error while syncing with Birdiesync 1.1.00 beta

Post by Kinderspel »

Installation went ok.

But when syncing i get an error from TB @ the end of the sync session.
There are 32 appointments (events) that can not be sync'd. Not sure what gives this problem. No further specifications are given. Will make a comparrison of the events on my Qtek 9100 and on my PC. Hope to give you more details asap.

Kind regards,

Koen

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Thank you for your report. Let's investigate the problem !
Some questions:
Do you use Pocket PC 2003 or Windows Mobile 5.0 ?
Did you synchronize contacts as well ?
Did you ask for a replacement or an association of your events at partnership creation ?
How many events do you have under Lightning or Pocket Outlook ? Did they all fail or is it just a subset ? In the latter case, did you identify something they have in particular ?

I am not sure wether it could lead to this problem, but be sure to set the same time zone in Pocket Outlook and Lightning.

Could you send me the log files (support@birdiesync.com) ?
I would be interested in the following files:
In BirdieSync desktop installation directory:
DesktopProvider.log
ExternalService.log
In BirdieSync device installation directory:
DeviceProvider.log
Thanks in advance.
Birdy

Kinderspel

Post by Kinderspel »

Qtek uses WM 5.
Did full sync (contacts and events)
Did ask an association

I have about 300+ events.
They dont fail completely, it is just a set of around 32 pieces. Just did a test with entering a new event in TB and sync it. The new event is sync'd correctly to the PDA. But still have 32 events who keep giving error.
Will investigate tonight on simularities of the 32 events who can't be sync'd.

Will send you the logfiles asap.

kind regards,

Koen

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

After a first analyzis of the log, it seems that the problem comes from a recurring event with at least one occurence modified. It could be caused by different time zones defined on the Mobile and in Lightning. Recurring events defined as "all day", with at least one modified occurence don't really like it... New version of BirdieSync (1.1.0.1) now checks that time zones are identical.
Birdy

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

There was a potential problem with recurring appointments due to standard/daylight changes. Maybe your synchronization problem could be related to that. It was corrected in version beta 1.1.0.2
You could have a look to this new version and check that your problems are solved.
Birdy