Problem trying to sync mobile device with two computers

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
surgent

Problem trying to sync mobile device with two computers

Post by surgent »

I am currently trying the 21 day free trial of Birdie Sync. I am using Thunderbird with the lightning calendar extension. All programs are the current version. I am trying to sync my HP Ipaq 3100 series using active sync (also current version) with my laptop and my desktop. I mainly use my laptop at work and enter new dates as they come up on the calendar on the lap top and the same with my desktop at home. When I am on the road I use my pocket pc (ipaq) to enter the dates/appointments. I can sucessfully sync my desktop with the ipaq but when I attempt to sync the ipaq to the laptop the whole process hangs after it has sync-ed 5 of the 39 events to be synced. I really like BridieSync and am heavily considering purchasing it once the trial is over but only if I can get this problem resolved. my desktop has XP Home and the laptop has XP professional.

Any ideas or solutions?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

Are you synchronizing with Lightning or Sunbird on your laptop ?
Could you tell me under which operating system your ipaq run ?
Thanks.
Birdy

surgent

Post by surgent »

It is lightning and the operating system on the ipaq is microsoft pocket pc is windows mobile SE version 4.21.10088.

When I plug the ipaq into the desktop after I have syncd with the laptop i receive this message:

" Combine or Replace
The following information type on your moblie device has items that have not been synchronized with this computer before.
Information Type: All Desktop Services

*then I have 3 options*
Combine the items on my device with the items on this computer.
Replace the items on my device with the items on this computer.
Do not synchronize this information at this time."

If I choose the combine option I get the hanging. If I choose the replace it overwrites any changes I have made to events. I have also received this same message on the laptop. To me it would make sense to combine them, although I may be wrong.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

OK. Let's go for a first analysis. Right after the synchronization hangs, could you copy and send me the logs as described in this thread ?
If they don't contain interesting information, we'll go with a modified version of BirdieSync to investigate the problem.

After copying the logs, could you manually close Thunderbird and tell me if the ActiveSync window displays an "attention required" instead of a "synchronizing" ?

Thanks.
Birdy

surgent

Post by surgent »

I sent the logs and on the laptop it still says synchronizing