Multiple PDA's

If you dream about having BirdieSync casting your horoscope, this is the place to ask for it...
darrenola

Multiple PDA's

Post by darrenola » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:12 pm

Hi, I know this won't be a very common occurance and so not a priority, however I love birdie syn as a trial. My only problem is that my wife and I both have separate PDA's. We use thunderbird as our email & calendar with 2 separate calendars and address books so that in thunderbird we can see each others calendars but they are seperate on our PDA's

Is there a way, or can a way be made to allow for telling birdiesync which details to sync to which PDA. I am hopeing this is possible as activesync can tell the difference between PDA's so hopefully there is a way to make birdiesync work with this to.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:45 pm

Hello,

I think that it would be theoretically possible to do it since yes it is possible to identify which device is connected. But that would be a new feature to implement...

I don't see any workaround for the moment since the best BirdieSync can offer for the moment is synchronizing differently with two different user account on the same machine. And I understood that it is not your case since you simply have two different address books and calendars in the same Thunderbird profile.
Birdy