Contacts import from TB to "Other Contacts"

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
hotmanwalt

Contacts import from TB to "Other Contacts"

Post by hotmanwalt »

When I enter new contacts in Thunderbird they import into "Other Contacts" rather than "My Contacts".
Is there a way to get them to import into "My Contacts"?

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Contacts import from TB to "Other Contacts"

Post by Birdy »

Hello hotmanwalt,

When you say "import", you mean "synchronize from Thunderbird to your mobile device" ?
Which model of mobile device do you have ? Android ?
"Other Contacts" and "My Contacts" are contact groups on your mobile device ?
Thanks.
Birdy

hotmanwalt

Re: Contacts import from TB to "Other Contacts"

Post by hotmanwalt »

Yes, I mean synchronize from desktop to the mobile phone.
I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus which runs Android 4.0.
I changed settings so many times that some strange things were happening so
I uninstalled BirdieSync from desktop and phone. I also deleted all contacts from all address books and events
from the phone and from Google online. I keep my primary copy of everything in Thunderbird.
I reinstalled BirdieSync selecting contacts first. Everything went great and it seems to be working correctly.
However, when I selected and tried to install the calendar, after the installation was completed BirdieSync
started another sync even though I did not do anything. BirdieSync went into an endless loop and kept repeating
the sync. This endless looped occured after the first sync and I had selected erasing all events on the phone and
transferring the desktop events to the phone. The events were correctly transferred to the phone and also
to the Goggle online calendar. I got out of the endless loop by disconnecting BirdieSync on the phone.
As far as I can tell the events are correctly synced now between my desktop, phone, and Google online
and the endless loop has not happened again.
Everything seems fine now which is really great!!